Bottom Line Contract Review for Residents & Fellows
Don’t stumble on the first step of your career ladder! If you’ve never negotiated a physician contract, you probably don’t know the many traps and pitfalls to watch out for. Physician Career Advisor founder Roger Bonds does, because he’s helped negotiate more than 2,000 medical contracts with more than 1,200 medical employers. Roger not only goes through your contract line-by-line, he helps you set your short and long-term goals, then find the right fit for both you and your family.
NEED A SECOND OPINION? If you've already worked with someone who didn't give you the best advice and was unqualified to counsel you for your career in the medical field, then PhysicianCareerAdvisor.com can help review your unique physician employment contract the right way!
Remember, this is a medical practice management and human resources function. Our unique expertise leads the industry.
- An initial interview to explore your priorities and concerns regarding your current employment opportunities.
- A review of your CV and a discussion about your career options.
- A review of the prospective employer’s term sheet or letter of intent.
- Assistance in formulating a response to the letter of intent, including questions you should ask.
- A line-by-line review of the proposed contract/employment agreement using our unique 227-point checklist.
- Assistance in formulating a response to the job offer, including questions you should ask.
- Ongoing telephone consultation until the contract is signed.
The physician can expect up to one telephone consultation per week for up to six months, or when a new position is accepted, whichever comes first. If necessary, an additional six months may be purchased at a discounted price. Also, additional career options or contracts may be reviewed for a discounted price.
NOTE: This service does not include buy-in agreements which are dramatically more complicated, nor practice start-up activities. Please see our “Practice Buy-in Review” and “Practice Startup” under our Consulting Services for Residents & Fellows.